Sunday 17 February 2008

Summer Garden with Creative Women

Hello everyone. Tonight I returned from an amazing weekend in Launceston at the Summer Garden with Creative Women workshop. The presenters were all as lovely as their designs and very inspiring. It was nice to meet quite a few fellow bloggers. From the left are Rose, Sally, Gail, Natalie, Rosie and Anne Ida. I didn't notice till I was looking through my photos but red, white and black seem very popular colours for workshop attire! Gail and Natalie were also wearing their famous (and very nice) red shoes!



When we arrived each person received this nice bag containing all the patterns the designers had designed especially for this weekend. (I will share more about them next post except to say we were extremely spoilt for choice.) We also got a very cute pouchy thing. I'm embarrassed to say, I'm not sure what it's for! (I'm sure someone will enlighten me) but I like it very much.



Here's what it looked like opened up on the front -



.... and the back. Aren't the cupcakes cute?



If you've been following my blog you'll know that Anne Ida was the postman for May Britt. For winning her WISP challenge she sent me this gorgeous hanging heart in one of my favourite colour combinations - red and white. Also a very cute stitchery pattern of two little trolls. It is by a Norweigan designer so very new to me. Thank you so much May Britt.



Miss Marple is about to start so I'll finish with this nice photo of Anne Ida. It was lovely to meet her and I hope she enjoys the rest of her stay.



17 comments:

  1. thank you! i was reading through my blogs and i forgot the time - i nearly missed miss marple.
    looks like your weekend away was fun - i can't see what you made. is the pouch thing a pencil roll?
    i think it would be lovely to have a weekend away with like minded women. maybe one day i will do it too!
    cheers
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fantastic weekend......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am curious of what´s in the bag...;D Hope you let us peek into the bag soon!!

    Looks like the weekend was just as lovely and fun they always are when quilters meet. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Christine!

    It was so lovely to meet you! Happy to see you made it home ok!

    The "pouchy" thing is for your pins and needles and "stuff" for your stitching :o)

    Take care! Hugs from Rose and Anne Ida

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and great goodies. Sounds like a really fun time for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great weekend looking forward to seeing what lovely things you are going to make from the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to meet fellow bloggers. Can't wait to see what's in the bag....tap tap....teehee

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh, that looked like fun!!
    I love the rpouch "thing" I am a sucker for anything you keep stuff in.
    Thanks for doing the random 7, I had my coffee reading about a big property for sale on King Is,the other day, the island life appealed to me-you must like Island living! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a grand time. I just love that little pouch -- the fabric is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sounds really fun at your retreat. The cupcakes are so cute and oh, those goodies. I can tell you had a wonderful weekend. *S*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to se Anne Ida haveing so much fun. Her friends are all so curious how she is doing "down there". Enjoy your heart and stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger has not been playing the game, have had a problem trying to make a comment...wow what a great weekend you had...so when do we see the rest of your goodies....your pouchy thing looks very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great time, it was so nice to meet you......see you next week in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a wonderful week-end! Such a nice photo of Anne Ida, too. She sure delivered great goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a lovely gift from May Britt. Lucky Lady!! You must have come to update your blog as soon as you came home LOL!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful weekend with all these talented people you met!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the photos of a great weekend with fellow stitchers. I have a roll like the one you received and it was from the Bareroots range and it is a roll for keeping your embroidery floss's in nice and straight, that is if you don't wind them onto cardboard. Quilty hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine