Thursday 30 October 2008

Quilt Shop Delights



Just for a change from Truly Scrumptious, here are some photos I took of the shop area at The Quilted Crow's Christmas Gathering in September.

If you're anything like me, you like to see lots of samples when you visit a quilt shop. The Quilted Crow is very inspirational in this respect.



I love the way they use old furniture, suitcases and bric-a-brac to display their wares.





These quilts hanging on the wall made a fabulous backdrop to the shop area.



Some Natalie Bird patterns and comptatible fabrics.

Hope you enjoyed these piccies. It is a holiday on Monday in Northern Tasmania. As I don't work tomorrow, that makes four days off. Hoping to do some serious stitching.
It's also nearly time for the Christmas decorating to start! I like to start in early November ... it's always exciting unpacking each box ... takes me about two weeks ... usually do a mini spring clean at the same time.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! Have a great 4 days...lots of fun stitching and creating! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your photos. When I look at them I feel like I am there. Hope you find lots of time to stitch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was pure teasing Christine... :o)
    but oh so delightful...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics - I like the suitcases too

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures! That shop looks like it must be very very easy to spend lots of money there. Very, very easy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gorgeous pics caused some serious drooling.
    If our eventual Tassie holiday happens i hope i will get to see such sights in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the photos. I'd love to visit that shop. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you get the holiday to coincide with the Melbourne Cup? Enjoy your break and keep the camera working .

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a gorgeous shop. if i'm ever in tassie.......
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Some great projects in those photos. I like the Halloween table mat and some of the quilts. I am going to do a search on Natalie Byrd to see if she has a web site. I would like to see more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few Christmas quilts I hang, that is about it for my decorations, so I will be looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am enjoying your blog and really want to thank you for listing the ones that you read in order by country. I love reading "foreign" blogs and yours is the first one to organize things this way. Great idea! The photos are inspiring - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great photos! Thanks for giving those of us who can't visit the shop an opportunity to enjoy. I agree that I like to be inspired by samples and ideas when I go to a quilt shop. That shop is a "real" destination. I'm wondering too why is it a long weekend in Tasmania? Keep up the great blog. Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the new look of your blog, Tassie is on my travel list and I will be visiting the Quilted Crow...looks like a really great shop. Thank-you for the inspiration to start the chrissie decorating soon and not leave it until Dec. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine