Sunday 1 November 2009

A Christmas Gathering

Long time, no blog! After 3 weeks of sickness I am finally on the mend and ready to re-enter blogland. A HUGE incentive to get well was yesterday's Christmas Gathering at Campania hosted by the wonderful girls at The Quilted Crow. The guest designers were two of my favourites, Rosalie Quinlan and Leanne Beasley. I set off early to meet Cathy, Leanne and Meredith in Launceston ... it was great not to have to drive all the way. Thanks girls.
As usual, the old hall was beautifully decorated with stunning samples.


Leanne's projects for the day were her Precious Things Sewing and Needle Bags.



This is part of Rosalie's display ... all so cute.




Her projects were both beautiful stitcheries stretched around canvas frames. I chose to work on this one, Your Way Home. I will show my version soon ... forgot to take a photo of my progress!




This one is called Friends and Family.
 



Deidre Bond-Abel from The Quilted Crow has been very busy and had lots of projects to share. She is a big Halloween fan and made these Trick or Treat Back Packs.




Pink and red are my favourite colours and look stunning teamed with shirtings in this quilt called Christmas Wishes.
 



Gorgeous. I LOVE it and will make it one day!




Deidre's other Christmas project was a hanging heart called A Kiss Under the Mistletoe.



 
She also designed this cute little Punchneedle Purse.



This Christmas wallhanging is called Christmas Tidings and was designed be Leonie Bateman of The Quilted Crow. I really like the pinwheel borders.



Leonie's other project was a Punchneedle Pocket for storing your punchneedle and needle threader.



Back tomorrow with some more pictures from the Gathering and a little of my own stitching.

13 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are on the mend.
    A Christmas gathering already! I enjoyed seeing all the projects. My favorite is the doll house. Well, I call it a doll house but the house quilt. Did you purchase the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great shots! Not sure that mine are as good!...Rosalie corner came up really well! It was lovely to meet you yesterday...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is simply stunning! I love it all!
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better and able to get back to the wonderful world of blogging. You are one of those that make it so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that Christmas wishes quilt is beautiful! Glad you had a good day. I have just started the stitching on Leanne's precious things pattern too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,I am happy you had such a wonderful time with Leanne and Rosie......my sister and I went to the Glenharrow Stitch In...just loved it...glad you are on the mend...hugs lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection of needlework. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely lovely projects (O: Glad you are back and feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better! What a way to celebrate being better... Two wonderful designers. You definitely can't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you have been ill..but glad to hear you are better now... think If you would have missed this... the Gathering!!!! :o)
    It must have been IT!!! Loved all the projects you have shown... loved the red/pink white quilt.. just gorgeous!! Thanks for showing!! :o)
    Wich ones have you started???

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello,

    that is fantatsisch.al the nice produkts.

    greatings conny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the house wall-hanging in Rosalie's display. That is simply amazing. I'm so glad you're feeling better; it's sure no fun to be sick!

    Happy quilting,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little christmas bags is so cute. And the quilt doll house is fabulous on the wall. I want that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine