Sunday 16 February 2014

A Little Bit of Progress

 Since returning to work time to stitch has been very limited. However this weekend I finished another Scandinavian Rose block so a little progress has been made.




 I am not very fond of satin stitch so I'm only using it for the circles.


I only have four more blocks to stitch before I can start assembling the quilt. Unfortunately I seem to have left the biggest blocks with the most stitching to last. The good thing is that the blocks are pre-printed on hanky linen so there's no tedious tracing to do. Tonight I managed to start stitching  this birdie block. I figure every stitch is one closer to finishing this project.

15 comments:

  1. That's incredible did you learn to stitch like this just by doing it or did you attend classes. My stitches don't always look like that but I have not been doing it very long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! But I'm sad because I can't locate the pattern/kit anywhere :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be stunning when it its all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is perfect Christine - and your satin stitch......well, I'm envious!!!! Looks good - can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Christine its looking fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of progress on those blocks Christine. Your satin stitch is beautiful. Pre-printed linen is fantastic but I've been disappointed with Best Friends Forever because there is no paper pattern to use in the unlikely event that I ever want to re-make a block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beauriful !!!! This is a big job !!!!
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so georgeous! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Scandinavian Rose. I wish I could get my hands on these! There would be lots of buyers in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a beautiful job on all your Scandinavian Roses blocks, too bad we have to work or we'd get more done more quickly :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching :-)
    I also have four more block to do; this has been a long project...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitchery is so beautiful and perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    Take care,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine